Friday, August 10, 2012

Dresser Update.




Well the sun is shining so no excuse but to start working on the dresser. I have found some worm holes, not sure if old or new, not taking any chances so have treated twice. Was able to find new feet locally and cheap so not worth messing about trying to match the other three , which  were worst for wear anyway.Next the boring part filling and sanding.Then the best part painting. I'm into ice cream colours at the moment so I  picked  Quick Dry Satin in CANDY PINK which is a  Homebase paint. Very girly I know but I loved this shade very soft pink which would go with most colours without being too bright. I used two 750 ml cans to complete dresser with a little  left over.Well it was.. You're guessed it I now have a matching wall clock......
To finish the dresser and give it that old look I have sanded back on corners, sides and handles. It is very shabby chic now and a new place to put my vintage china in..I have given it pride of place in my lounge it fits in perfectly. Here is the finished dresser  it was a lot of work but well worth it.

No comments

Post a Comment