Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WEATHER COLD AND WET BUT LOVELY LEMONADE.

Have been really busy the last few days. It's cold  ,windy and wet here in Cornwall. In fact like any other day here. Always wondered why it was so green and beautiful, now I know.


I thought I would make some Home Made Lemonade.

Here is the recipe if you would like to try it.

1 cup of caster sugar
1 cup of water
1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Three quarters of cold water
1 lemon to slice for decoration
Makes 1 large Jug.


Put 1 cup of water  plus sugar into pan and bring to boil. This dissolves sugar and makes a sugar syrup.
Add this to your Jug. Squeeze your lemons and add to jug. Then add the rest of the water. Stir.
Next slice your  lemon and add to your jug. Leave to cool then serve.





                                             I used my vintage style bottles instead of a jug.


Here they are finished. (The photo shows two colours, it is just the light .The left one is the true colour.)

You will never buy shop Lemonade again...... Enjoy.     IT WILL GET DRUNK IN NO TIME!


I also tried to make Macaroons - My advise don't try in a AGA!  


1 comment:

  1. Lovely nothing like homemade lemonade especially on a hot day. Enjoy it, dee x

    ReplyDelete